Saturday, 28 May 2011
Barcelona Brutal Police Eviction - Catalonia Square
This is a direct violation of these Peoples human and civil rights.
"We are reluctant to use force, but when our interests and values come together, we know we have a responsibility to act...
"We will stand with those who want to bring light into dark, support those who seek freedom in place of repression, aid those laying the building blocks of democracy."
Human Rights Act
The Human Rights Act 1998 gives further legal effect in the UK to the fundamental rights and freedoms contained in the European Convention on Human Rights. These rights not only impact matters of life and death, they also affect the rights you have in your everyday life: what you can say and do, your beliefs, your right to a fair trial and other similar basic entitlements.
Most rights have limits to ensure that they do not unfairly damage other people's rights. However, certain rights – such as the right not to be tortured – can never be limited by a court or anybody else.
You have the responsibility to respect other people's rights, and they must respect yours.
Your human rights are:
• the right to life
• freedom from torture and degrading treatment
• freedom from slavery and forced labour
• the right to liberty
• the right to a fair trial
• the right not to be punished for something that wasn't a crime when you did it
• the right to respect for private and family life
• freedom of thought, conscience and religion, and freedom to express your beliefs
• freedom of expression
• freedom of assembly and association
• the right to marry and to start a family
• the right not to be discriminated against in respect of these rights and freedoms
• the right to peaceful enjoyment of your property
• the right to an education
• the right to participate in free elections
• the right not to be subjected to the death penalty
If any of these rights and freedoms are breached, you have a right to an effective solution in law, even if the breach was by someone in authority, such as, for example, a police officer.
Acknowledging that further discussions and details on points and wording for points 4 -26 need to be worked out and voted for by the People.
Some of the 4 -26 remaining points, once finalized through the People will be able to be carried out swiftly; others will logistically take a bit more time.
We cannot change the World in a day, but we can change our Country and give control back to the People.
The People’s Charter
1. We the People are demanding the common law of the land apply within parliament with a fully transparent and a just system favouring democracy of the people, whereby the government and police are held to account for their actions against the people.
2. We the People are demanding that members of parliament appointed and acting on behalf of the people shall have no other vested interest other than that of the people.
3. We the People are demanding an end to injustice.
As mentioned there are other points, but these first 3, if applied would be a staring point for a reality check. We are in NOW TIME, a time for real change.
Make the 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th of March a new leaf in the history books, where no one is getting burned and no one is being left out.
Freedom, to assembly is a God given right and does not require permissions from anyone, who ever they may be.
The Police need to step up and honour there pledge/oath. If this was done it would be followed by the arrests many MPs for a growing list of irregular activities, including one of "War Crimes" as laid down in the Geneva Convention
A self elected quango government cannot be allowed to use the police to protect it from the will of the People. We wish for peace, but for this to happen, the law must be seen to be done. At the moment there is little difference between security firms being hired to protect elitist, and the Police being used to protect MPs and their criminal activities, who continue to pervert the course of justice, society and the will of the People.
Police should use integrity and honour and step up to the mark. The mass of the UK are not only against the self elected government, but also the unjust cuts being placed upon them by MPs and Councils. As ONE We are all calling for credibility and just laws, not laws specifically introduced to protect those who continue to flout the people's will and the laws of the land.
It is within you, me, every man woman and child. It is 2011, if everyone can get on the same page, and realise that collectively, we're all on the same planet. We must all wake up to the fact that its resources are finite when symbiotic relationships and protocols are ignored